VoK Member Services
Villages of Kensington provides the following benefits for its Full Members:
- Free pre-arranged transportation provided by Kensington residents who are trained and vetted VoK volunteers.
- Free online subscription to Washington Consumer Checkbook so you can have the latest info about all kinds of local professional services. (We can arrange for you to receive the print copy if you prefer, but the online version is much more useful.) If you’re not familiar with this incredibly helpful publication for local service companies and healthcare services, take a look here: https://www.checkbook.org/washington-area/.
- Social, educational, and recreational events, approximately monthly (click on CALENDAR above).
- Other requested services provided by our wonderful trained and vetted Volunteers.
VoK provides the following benefits for its Associate (Social) Members:
- Social, educational, and recreational events, approximately monthly
- Referral to community resources.
If you are not yet a VoK member and wish to join, please click on Join.
Request a ride or any other service. Call VoK at 301-509-0191.
Services for Members
VoK offers requested services to our Full Memberes from our pool of trained and vetted volunteers.
If you are not yet a VoK member and would like to join, please click on Join or above.
Here is a list of services VoK can provide to our Members:
- Rides (appointments, grocery shop, social events, etc.)
- Small household tasks
- Yard work (occasional)
- Meals (occasional)
- Run errands
- Babysitting (occasional)
- Pick up groceries
- Computer & electronics help
- Pet sitting/dog walking (occasional)
- Friendly visits (occasional or regular)
- Telephone check-ins (occasional or regular)
- Organized club (book, gardening, etc.) (for Full and Associate Members)
- Social, educational, and recreational events (for Full and Associate Members)
If you can think of it, we may be able to provide it! Give us a call!
Important Note About Services: VoK's ability to provide services is dependent upon the availability of our volunteers. Naturally, the more notice we get from you, the more likely we will be able to find a volunteer willing & able to complete your request. We send out a weekly listing of service requests, so a week or more notice for a service request is ideal. In emergency situations, we will forward individual requests to our volunteers. We will always do our best to match a volunteer with your service request!